JESUS WAS BORN AND NOW HE HAS RISEN
Ladies, it gives me a wonderful feeling to witness a newborn baby making its grand entry into the world. The child is so lovely, and innocent; I wonder what shall become of him or her. Will this child, when he reaches the age of understanding, continue to obey the teaching of Christ or will he follow the dictators of the world, or will he be killed by evil men for personal gain? Some questions, however, may never be answered, but thank God we do know that we have a Savior who was born, and he died and now sits on the right hand of his Father in Heaven.
The love of God was so manifested toward mankind that he sent his Son to earth to be born of a virgin, who never knew a man (sexually). The angel Gabriel was sent from God to a town of Nazareth in Galilee. This angel was to deliver a message to Mary who was to be married to Joseph, of the house of King David. The angel came unto her and said, “Hail, thou that are highly favored, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.” Mary was troubled, and the angel said, “Fear not Mary thou hast favor with God, and you will conceive in your womb, and bring forth a son, and call his name Jesus. He shall be great, and shall be called the son of the highest; the Lord God shall give him the throne of his father David; he shall reign over the house of Jacob forever and his kingdom shall be no end,” Luke 1:26-33.
The birth of Christ was the fulfillment of many Bible prophesies: (1) A virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel, Isaiah 7:14, (2) Born of the seed of a woman, Genesis 3:15, (3) That he would be born in Bethlehem, Micah 5:2, (4) That Herod would slaughter all of the children that was in Bethlehem two years and under, Matthew 2:16-17. All of these prophecies were inspired by the word of God, which had been spoken 700 years before the birth of Christ. The Bible teaches that, “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly (completely) furnished unto all good works, 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
Today, many are led to believe that Jesus was born on December 25th. However, no record of this has been found in the Bible but began through human traditions. December the 25th was the birthday of Mithra, a pagan god of light. In 325 AD Constantine re-assigned the meaning to the birthday of Jesus, the true God of light. The Bible teaches that the Lord made the world and everything that is in it, Genesis Chapter 1, and 2. He is the Lord over heaven and earth; he doesn’t dwell in temples made with hands, like statues and idols or false gods. Paul points this out to the Athenians in Acts 17:21-25, when he noticed that they had built an altar with the inscription to the UNKNOWN GOD, and he declared to them more plainly the true and living God. Paul if he were alive today, he would fight paganism with the word of God as he did then. There is no comparison to Christ and Mithraism.
Ladies, there have been many untruths told about Jesus’ birth, however, we as Christians, by faith we believe in the one and true God. The Bible teaches, that we must, “Study to shew thyself approved unto God a workman that needeth not to be ashamed rightly dividing the word of truth, II Timothy 2:15.
- UNTRUTH: Christmas on December the 25 is found in the Bible to be Jesus’ birth date.
TRUTH: The 25th of December cannot be found in the Bible of being Jesus’ birth date.
- UNTRUTH: Mary remained a virgin until her death. TRUTH: Joseph did have sex with Mary.
Mary and Joseph had other children after Jesus was born, Matthew
- UNTRUTH: There were three wise men. TRUTH: There were wise men from the east. It didn’t say three, but did state that there were three gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh, Matthew 2:11.
- UNTRUTH: The “star of Bethlehem” shone over the manger when Jesus was born. TRUTH: Wise men said, “Where is he that is born king of the Jews? We have seen “his star” in the east, Matthew 2:2.
- UNTRUTH: The wise men arrived the night Jesus was born in the manager. TRUTH: The shepherds came to the manger when Jesus was born, Luke 2:8-12. The wise men came to the house, Matthew 2:11.
- UNTRUTH: God wants Christians to remember and celebrate the birth of Christ. TRUTH: Emphasis is placed upon his death, and in Acts 20:7, the disciples came to break bread upon the FIRST day of the week, every (Sunday), not the SABBATH day which is the (7th day); I Corinthians 11:23-30, (“Take eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me”).
This Holiday Season, there will be many that will be in high spirit, to give gifts. Families make it a priority to be with one another; and there will be many that haven’t spoken in years but seem to be motivated to come together because they say, this is Christ’s birthday. However, when the holiday is over, they seem to fall back into their old pattern of life. Children from one to ninety-two are anxious to receive that special gift; the tree is decorated with beautiful colored light, and the presents are neatly arranged under the tree with colored bows of red and green. The neighbors are busy competing with each other over whose lawns will outshine the other, and the stores have become so commercialized that they have figured out ways to lure customers with advertisement slogans to buy their products. Many of us have gotten so caught in the Holiday spirit that we have fallen into the trap of credit card over-load of which it will take us some years to pay off, and even some of us have robbed God in our offering to him.
Ladies, the baby Jesus grew up and he died, and rose again on the third day victoriously from the grave, I Corinthians 15:1-4. The Bible teaches us to remember his death, and the New Testament Christians celebrate his death by observing the Lords supper each Sunday, Acts 20:7; I Corinthians 11:23-30; Matthew 26:26-28; Luke 22:19-20.
Jesus from a young lad was about his heavenly Father’s business. He was in the temple hearing, and asking them questions, Luke 2:46-47; he grew in wisdom, stature; favor with men, Luke 2:52
It was God’s grace that brought salvation unto all mankind. What is grace? It is unearned, unmerited favor, and good will of God. We as sinful men didn’t do anything to earn such a wonderful gift but he had pity and compassion toward us, John 3:16. The death that Christ suffered is known as the Gospel, which is the death burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and without it there will be no forgiveness of sin,
Hebrew 9:22. Ladies, just what is this Gospel? “It is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth, Roman 1:16. For Example, Tide detergent for many years, has been a favorite among many women because it loosen, or get rid of stains. The blood of Jesus is greater than Tide; it is powerful, and it is able to get rid of the sin of mankind or to blot out and be remembered no more. However, it is up to man to accept the gift that has been extended to him. There is a song that we sing so often:
There is a fountain filled with blood Drawn from Immanuel’s
Veins; sinners plunged beneath the flood, Lose all their guilty stains.
Dear dying Lamb, thy precious blood shall never lo lose its power
Till all the ransomed Church of God-be saved to sin no more,
As I have said Ladies, God and Christ have done their part, and now it is time for mankind to do his part. (1) Man must her the Gospel, Roman 10:17, (2) believe what he has heard through faith, Hebrew 11:6; (3) repent of sins, Luke 13:3, 5; (4) confess Christ as the Son of God, Roman 10:9, 10; (5) baptism wash man sins away, Acts 2:38; Mark 16:16.
The death of Christ was the ultimate sacrifice, and all power was given unto him in heaven and earth. He took the sting out of death and man doesn’t have to fear death (physical) because if lives faithful to the end, he will be guaranteed a home in heaven to live eternally (spiritually), Revelation 2:10.
(1) What type of woman did God choose to be the earthy mother of Jesus? Explain
(2) Fill in the blank spaces: The birth of Christ was the ——————–of many Bible prophesies. Give at least two books where they may be found________________, and_______________.
(3) What are all scriptures given by? Explain and give scripture.
(4) Today, what is the belief about Jesus’ birthday, (b) and where did this belief originate? Explain
(5) Can we find that Jesus was born December 25th in the Bible?
(6) To tell the difference between error and truth what must we do? Explain.
(7) Does the Bible teach that there were three wise men that went to visit Jesus?
(8) True or False: The “star of Bethlehem” was shown over the manger. True False
(9) God want Christians to celebrate Christ birth. True False
(10) What is the Gospel? Explain
(11) Can you name the steps to salvation?
(12) When Christ died and was resurrected what was give unto him. Explain
(13) What will Christ give us if we are faithful? Explain
(14) What kind of spirit does Christ wants us to have every day of the year?
(15) Jesus from a young Lad was about what? Explain
(16) At twelve years of age what did we find Jesus doing? Explain
(17) What did Jesus grow in?
(18) What did Paul find the Christian doing on Mars Hill, or what were they worshipping?
(19) When we worship our homes, and cars, and even our children is God please? Explain
(20) As Christians what is our obligation to mankind?